The million dollar question almost every single person has is: “How can I get rid of my stomach fat?”
Every man and woman of any age, shape, and size wants to know how to get rid of belly fat or keep the belly fat off. Having abdominal fat is not only unattractive but is also detrimental to your health. Keeping a low body fat percentage overall is great for keeping your figure looking good and your health in great shape.
So how can you get rid of abdominal fat? Well, it’s all about science. There are so many gimmicks out there with pills and machines that “target” belly fat but truthfully, there isn’t a quick fix. Abdominal fat needs proper diet and exercise to be diminished. You can’t take a pill that’s going to give you a six pack expect it to really work. You must put in the time and effort to get rid of that fat and build the muscles.
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS YOU CAN LOWER YOUR OVERALL BODY FAT PERCENTAGE:
- Exercise. Performing vigorous exercise will definitely trim that fat. (Below are a few of the best stomach fat burning exercises you can do at home!* Cardiovascular exercise is key when it comes stomach fat burning exercises. People do millions of sit ups a day and still wonder why they have that layer of fat. That’s because sit ups build muscle, they don’t burn fat as effectively as high intensity cardio does! Begin with 30 minutes of vigorous exercise, 4 times a week!
- Diet. “Abs are made in the kitchen.” One of the most popular phrases in the fitness world! You can’t eat junk and expect to keep your stomach fat low. Aside from performing stomach fat burning exercises, you must pair those exercises with a diet. Cutting your caloric intake as well as eating the right kinds of foods will do wonders for your physique.
- Sleep. Skipping out on that extra hour of sleep can be very harmful for your health and the amount of body fat you have. When your biorhythms are off (the sleep pattern) you actually end up eating more. When you’re tired, your body produces more of ghrelin, a substance that triggers sugar cravings. If you’re not getting that recommended 7-9 hours of sleep, chances are your channeling that hour toward eating more. Get more shut eye to keep your belly fat at bay!
- Stress. Believe it or not, being stressed can be very harmful to your health. Of course everyone has a little bit of stress with school, work, families…we all experience it. But handling your stress is very important. Find ways that work for you to cope with stress levels. Take a walk, draw a bubble bath, have some tea, read a book…anything to keep your stress levels down.
STOMACH FAT BURNING EXERCISES YOU CAN DO AT HOME
Don’t belong to a gym? Not in the mood to drive to the gym? No problem! Check out some of these high intensity cardio exercises that you can do anywhere in your home! They do not require any equipment and they will really get your heart rate up and your body burning fat!
- Begin in a low squat position with both of your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back so that you are in a push up position. Immediately return your feet back to the squat position, keeping your hands on the floor.
- Push your body up in an explosive manner and leap up off of the floor, reaching your hands to the ceiling. Go back down into the starting position and repeat.
- Stand up straight with your arms at your side and your feet hip width apart.
- Squat down as low as you can, making sure that your knees don’t go over your toes.
- Hold for a second and then explode off the floor, jumping up into the air.
- Land in the low squat position and repeat.
- Assume push up position on the floor.
- Rest on the balls of your feet while you bring one leg forward to your chest.
- Contract your abdominal muscles as you bring the leg in. Bring it back out and switch legs.
- Continue this motion for the desired amount of time.
- The faster the pace, the better.
Plyometric Push Ups
- Get into push up position on the floor.
- Perform the beginning of a pushup by lowering your body down to the floor.
- As you come up, push off the floor with such force that your hands leave the floor and go into the air.
- Land softly on your wrists and repeat.
- Stand up straight with your arms out in front of your chest, hands together in the praying position.
- Your feet should be shoulder width apart.
- Perform a baby squat, only going down a little bit, and then jump up bringing your knees to your chest.
- Land softly and repeat.
- Assume push up position on the floor.
- Keep your weight over your shoulders during this move.
- Jump both of your legs up so that your feet are on the outsides of your hands.
- Kick your legs back out and repeat.
These are just a few of the greatest stomach fat burning exercises you can do at home or even at the gym! Things like jump roping, running, rowing, sprinting, and using the elliptical are also great cardiovascular exercises to do to get rid of belly fat!